- Dispute Resolution
- Collective Agreements
A vacancy exists within the National Office of the BCCEI for a General Secretary, with outstanding vision, strong leadership skills and the ability to provide strategic leadership for the Council. The person must be highly outcome focused, promotes equitable people management, and strive to achieve business excellence. The position reports to the Management Committee of the Council, which is representative of all parties.
This role provides strategic leadership and guidance in the activities of the Civil Engineering Bargaining Council (BCCEI). Maintain harmonious relations among all stakeholders of the Council. Co-ordinate and ensure implementation of Manco decisions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans and co-ordinates all the activities of the bargaining council
- Develop and execute all BCCEI strategies
- Contribute to the sound financial stability of the council
- Creates and maintain relations with stakeholders such as DoL, CCMA, DPW, CIDB, Employer Bodies and social partners.
- Ensure the growth of the council
- Maintain sound governance within the council
- Create conducive environment for bargaining
- Ensure proper resourcing and structuring of the BCCEI
- Skills: Knowledge, attitude and qualifications
- Degree or equivalent
- Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of the civil engineering industry
- Servanthood attitude
- Knowledge of Bargaining Council processes
- Knowledge of CCMA processes
- Ability to communicate at all levels
Please apply via our website or Linked-In page (or https://portal.piilosoftware.com/QuestionnaireForm.aspx?qi=130&pi=393) or alternatively please
send a mail to email@example.com and we will send you the link.
Please send a copy of your CV and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
No late applications will be considered. If you have not heard from us within 14 days after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Closing date for applications: Friday 12 April.